Mounting instructions for the double modular tiles - RoofArt UmbrellaAll tips
1. Double modular metal tiles shall be mounted after the gutters have been installed.
2. Then proceed by mounting the eaves apron, the element that ensures the taking over of water accumulated from the anti-condensation foil. In addition, it protects the space between the gutter and the frontal fascia board against the potential damage from water or snow.
3. Then proceed by mounting the eaves apron, the element that ensures the taking over of water accumulated from the anti-condensation foil. In addition, it protects the space between the gutter and the frontal fascia board against the potential damage from water or snow.
4. In order to mount the strips it is recommended to use wood screws. The foil is fixed by using vertical counter-strips mounted along the rafters at a distance of 600-800 mm. For a safe mounting of the double modular tile, the strip should have the following dimensions: 30 mm height and 50 mm width.
5. The horizontal strips are located at a distance of 350 mm starting from the eaves of the roof. The first interval will be smaller (250 mm or about 1/3 of the diameter of the gutter) because the tile panel must exceed with about 5 mm the eaves apron edge. The holder strip for the gutter hooks and the eaves apron shall be made from a plank of 30 x 150 mm.
6. A metal component, called the masking apron, will be mounted on the first horizontal strip. It is used to give an aesthetic look to the roof and avoid the situation, where the first strip is visible.
7. Inside the lateral fascia board the element, called inside gable or in some cases the lateral connection, will be mounted. It is designed to prevent the penetration of raindrops or snow under the tile.
8. The tile fastening pieces (PPT) are fixed on the masking apron of the first strip at a distance of 350 mm from each other. These elements are used to fix the first metal tile panel.
9. The double modular metal tile Umbrella is mounted from right to left, from the eaves towards the ridge. The first tile panel is fastened in the first stage (in three screws of the same colour), placed horizontally and located at the bottom of the panel.
10. The upper part of the tile panel is fastened (in four screws) perpendicularly to the roof tilt and fixed to the horizontal strip by clamps cut and pre-drilled during the manufacturing process. The overlapping of the two panels makes the screws invisible, thus avoiding the water penetration inside and providing a uniform design to the roof.
11. The second double modular tile panel overlaps the panel already placed and is fixed with three screws at the bottom and four screws at the top. At the place of joining four tile panels, another horizontal screw will be used.
12. For the final sealing, the gable curb is fixed on the roof side and fastened on the fascia board with horizontal screws. Although not specified, the following items are required and/or necessary in most situations: ridges and ridge caps, valleys, connections to dead wall, snow stoppers, sealing gaskets and sponges, etc.